February 17, 2009

My 34th birthday

My birthday was on Sunday. I spent most of my day in my room, writing a 4 page photograph analysis . You know i can't remember the last time I had a birthday cake. It just not right! for dinner I had left over carrot soup I made a few days before. Where was my family you ask ?(here i live with them). It's always a little strange to admit when your family is lacking in something. Well this is not a pity party for me or a trash my family post. But I have to admit I learned Sunday, that I like to be appreciated on my birthday. One day out of the year that they could have made dinner thinking about me (I'm allergic to wheat). It would have been nice to be considered on my birthday. No birthday cake, not even dinner. I was upset and then I got over it, all the birthday wishes on facebook from friends and acquaintances help me with that.

I want to remember your birthday and celebrate your life. I don't want to forget it and certainly don't want to have it pass by just like any other day. When I was little my birthday parties were huge, my mom would spend months preparing. She would even make a pinata by hand ,usually in the form of a character I had requested. What happened? I'm in my 30's, am I to old to celebrate with cake? I don't think so, age is not a requirement for blowingout candels, well maybe if you're on a respirator. Anyways my frustration was expressed, because one thing that is not lacking from my family is communication, we get everything out, almost to a fault. I just wondered do I treat other people the same way? I hope not. The next day was my father's birthday, well I made sure he had a cake, so I baked it, even if i couldn't partake because it was made out of wheat, that wasn't the point. I wanted him to feel loved and cared for on HIS day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't get a cake. It's possible to make a non-wheat one. Does your family know that? If you were here I would figure out a way to make the day special for you. Otherwise, I just send you my love over the internet . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO agree! I am a total brat about my birthday because it's the only day a year that is just MINE! Way to go Fabiola, fight for that cake ;)

    ReplyDelete