November 3, 2008

Distraction

There are too many distractions, I would say one is more than enough, but now-days text messaging, facebook, dating websites are just the common ones. How do people ever get to know each other, even to get married. I feel like I can't compete with all of it, with the millions of girls on facebook. I think we are not taking the time to get to know people, to talk to them, to be present with them when they are with us. To see them for who they really are, their likes, their passions and what makes them tick, these things take time.
I'm a one on one person, I like it that way. I like intimacy, I like to feel connected , and if I can't then I move on. I'm tired of the walls, the pre-judgements, the fears. I don't want to miss on making a friend because I was to busy scoping the so called "good looking cool people" in a room. I 'm tired of the grass is greener attitude, we have such little attention spans that, it seems like we need constant stimulation.
I think is pretty amazing when you can be with someone and not feel like you have to do or say anything, but just enjoy their presence, maybe even hear their heart beating. I can't compete, I won't , I'm just me. I hope and pray, that with all the technology advancing people will get burn out and go back to enjoy BEING with each other.

There is no substitute to being in your presence and taking in all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment